So as is always normal with me I always say I am not going to do something like be part of a blog. But I decided this morning to write a short note and see how long it takes my family to notice. I wanted to share with everyone the lessons I learned from my kids this week, and let me tell you they teach me something everyday even though I keep telling them I am still smarter than them. This week Kaitlin brought home her math homework and I learned I am NOT SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER. I guess it was a good thing I only taught third grade. She also reminds me daily how fast time is going she is so grown up, I find great joy in watching her read her bible in bed at night, when I am not busy also yelling that it is way past bed time. Karson as always reminds me of the humor in life. That kid smiles and laughs more than anyone I have ever seen, I could learn a lot from her about taking it easier and laughing more. Carter reminds me everyday of the miracle of life. When he is running around the college or jumping and flying off the couch at home or just flying paper airplanes with Jared I remember how God answered my prayer when he was a baby and let him live. Then I can deal with how wild he is at times. But then everytime he smiles I am blessed by Gods blessing of dimples. I have not shared this many times but when Carter was sick he did not smile, most babies smile at 9 weeks or so. When he was 12 weeks old and we had been in the hospital 10 days I prayed for just one smile and guess what not only did I get a smile but one with dimples, what an answer to pray in the fullest. As for Jared he teaches me everyday what love, support and true friendship is. I struggle to take time for myself to eat right and exercise. So he is getting up and exercising with me every morning even when I complain, what a true friend. He also has the ability to laugh at the funny things the kids do when i want to be the mom and bad guy. Thank you Jared for reminding me this time is short and to find the humor in what they do. So in closing I feel blessed to have my family and to be able to tell them in this blog.
Mom
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey now, am I the first person to notice that you blogged? I guess so since there are no comments yet. Well, I have a comment - I'm glad you blogged, it was good to read, good perspective on life! We definately married into the best family didn't we.
ReplyDelete